Thursday, December 3, 2009

December 2009. I call this part of my life: Blogging.

First time blogger, long time anti-blogger. As I try to write letters, emails, facebook messages, texts, and attaching small notes to pigeons; I have found that as much as I would like to personally write everyone a letter it is not quite time efficient. So this new found blogging is a sincere attempt to keep in touch with family, friends and curious clicking people.

In all my life's adventures in stumbling down this narrow path we call life, it has landed me in Nashville, TN. What brought me here was one of my three passions: music. How does a guy from Missouri with an agriculture-business degree (Go Tigers!) end up in the music city?

I went to college. I learned alot about life. Then somewhere along the way I realized that tons of people hate going to work everyday. Mainly because they are not passionate about what they do but simply following that dollar that makes them happier when they look at their bank account every other Friday. Don't get me wrong, I love making money and I love the opportunities that money brings, but just as a plan B; I'm finding ways to be happy without it.

Now some would say "You don't appreciate money because you've never really had much of it." True. But there are two types of less endowed people: Those who complain of their misfortunes and debts, and those who happily make lemonade. I am the latter. Money will come and money will go, it is what you learn in the process that is of real value.

I sound like a homeless person who has no job. For all of you looking for an update on my life, I am not homeless. However, the tax-free life of a bum does have its simplicities. For all you bums reading this, my hat is off to you. I am working at Bass Pro Shop here in Nashville. It keeps me busy and it fufills my second passion: the outdoors. I also am looking into managing upcoming artists here around the city, and I am confabulating with a talent agency as a "talent in development." All is good in my neighborhood. I am a happy man. Good first blog.

In aiming to entertain me, feel free to leave your questions, comments, and especially opinions :)

Keep smilin'

6 comments:

  1. thanks for including your self-portrait

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would use the word "confabulating" in your blog! Very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Word.
    A book man that cares not about money, and is passionate about music and the outdoors?
    simplicity says... perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrible choice of picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. question... can the faux hawk and its many merits be an upcoming blog topic?

    comment... we all know the food court at opry mills is the real reason you are stoked to work at bass pro

    opinion... zinc is my far the best element, i also like plutonium...its just fun to say

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't guarantee faux hawk, but mullets... yes.

    ReplyDelete