Sunday, December 8, 2013

This Wine Tastes Like Good

Just thinking about a beard, has made me grow 2 inches of facial hair as I write this. I didn't ask for this talent, nor did I train myself to brilliantly grow a face glove. A lot of people associate the size of a gentleman's beard with how big of man he is. While I'd love to run away with the state title of being the manliest of manly, let's be honest, I'm 5'7". I do enjoy it down here though. Plus I'm taller than the average girl, so I've got that going for me.... Despite that ADHD thought process, the point is that facial hair does not determine how much of a man (or woman) you are.

There are some people that have issues with the concept of male nurses or woman sportscasters. That makes sense. Those stereotypes are different than what America is used to. But if you own what you are doing and are great at it, who cares right? The thing that makes you a man or woman is the thing that makes you feel accomplished no matter public opinion.  Now I haven't birthed an offspring so I don't know the perspective of being a parent or having a family. But I can imagine that providing for your kin makes you feel like a pretty accomplished human being. And the warm fuzzy feeling you can get from that is that you could either be the bread winner of the household or simply by being the one cutting the PB&Js diagonally. Either way, how you rate your life's adeptness should be based on how good you personally feel about your activities.

I thoroughly enjoy growing a garden. I don't do it to get a punch in my infamous man card. I do it because it makes me feel like a productive member of society. And that's all that matters to this guy. Do what gives you confidence.

The important part to note about self worth is that first word of it. It's you who determines it. There's a million different ways to be a man or woman. If you find passion in it, do it. Passion gives you energy. When you have passion in what you're doing, breathing comes easier. Critics are as populous as oxygen. So Darrell at the hospital, keep rocking those scrubs. Erin Andrews, your sports knowledge and bone structure are inspirational to all of us closet black sheep. Keep on keeping on.

New in my life: The compass still points North, I think.  Jew so hard. Do you even lift bro?

Keep on smilin'

No comments:

Post a Comment